Help handling inkscape with fedora 9 banner

Hello

I'm trying to translate the amazing little fedora 9 banner [1] into
french, but my poor knowledge of inkscape does not let me export the
file correctly.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora9alpha-banner2_mo.png

I got the blue waves around and the outline of the 9 figure whereas
there are not present in the one Mairin introduced on her blog.

Should I simply remove them ? I f i do so, the blur aroung the sulphur
is no more present.

Thanks for your help

Thomas