Re: Echo future

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
It's impossible to do a multi-DE icon set...
I'm sorry for using such crude language out of the blue, but that is BULLSHIT. KDE and Gnome do not have that different an icon system that they cannot be used in tandem. In fact, what you're saying is that people working on unifying the appearance of the applications of both desktops (like the guys working on QtCurve and the various KDE-to-Gnome and Gnome-to-KDE style ports) should just give up, as what they're doing cannot be done, even though it has been.

If KDE and Gnome cannot share one unified icon theme, how do you explain nuoveXT? Tango itself works pretty decently across both as well, and there's work ongoing to get Crystal SVG to work in Gnome as well.

After all, I thought this very "impossibility" was the point of the freedesktop.org icon standard and icon-naming-utils...