Art Studio Status

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 13 07:08:43 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few questions:
>
>  * What is the general status of the spin?

As far as I know, it is still in the *idea* stage. We have two
initiatives on this, which should merge somehow: the initial proposal
made by Mo in the F8 timeframe which was temporarily put on hold and the
idea from Colby Hoke which is mostly interested in video editing (but
the software for it isn't there yet).
I hope the two will speak up if my understanding is incorrect.

>  * What are the base minimum set of packages that we need before we can
> do a release?
>  * Do we have a explicit wishlist of packages sorted by priority?

For both the questions the answer is this (not updated recently) page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ArtTeamProjects/FedoraArtStudio/PackageManifest

> I am interested in helping out by driving it through the current process
> for creating spins and maybe help in packaging some applications but the
> amount of information and links in the wiki is completely overwhelming
> and I need someone or a team to help me understand the status better.

It seems like the two people involved directly are busy for the moment
and a person driving the initiative would be really useful. Otherwise I
suspect we will postpone it for a future release.