Self-Introduction

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 13 15:46:48 UTC 2008

service at fedorastoreonline.com wrote:
> Hello all, i've been sitting on the list a little lost and not saying much for
> a coupla weeks now and its about time i piped up :)

Hi and welcome Ash!

> My name is Ash Joseph, i've been meaning to get some bits together for the art
> team for a while, but i was having CLA problems and was a bit lost with the

You can ask for help if you have problems with CLA.

> process, also i've been trying to throw myself into GIMP and inkscape (still
> not quite there with inkscape though :/ ) hopefully i can be of some use more

You don't have to master *all* the applications we use to produce content.

> towards release 10, i had a few ideas a couple of months ago for an F8

Well, you can start with smaller tasks, like those open in the
DesignService page - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

> alternative wallpaper theme based on infinity, but i never finished one of
> them and they were made with photoshop and fireworks and also i couldnt submit
> in time, which is a shame (blasphemy, im sorry)the links to them on my
> deviantart are at the bottom, anyway i hope to get more involved in future and
> i look forward to working with you all :D
>
> http://the-syndrome.deviantart.com/art/Fedora-8-Alt-Wallpaper-77094263
> http://the-syndrome.deviantart.com/art/Fedora-8-Alt-Wallpaper-2-77219963

Those designs are interesting, but they couldn't be defaults for F8
anyway because 1. you are using the logo and we want to de-empasize the
logo usage and 2. they feature the moon as a central graphics, making
them too similar with the artwork in the previous release (F7).