Round 2 has ended

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 21:56:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 16:49 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > I've built it from source that I downloaded recently from their svn (and
> > did it as local install, so that I didn't messed up my rpm installed
> > inkscape). Just plain ./autogen.sh, installing all needed *-devel
> > pkgs, ./configure --prefix=..., make and make install ;-)
>
> Yeh, I do know how to compile software from source but I really prefer
> not to.
I prefer to have control as to how, where and what will be installed,
but this is not important here ;-)

> > The latest rawhide package is built from sources into rpm, but it seems
> > there are some patches as well (not sure whether taken from upstream, or
> > fedora specific). No autopackage.
>
> Is the latest rawhide package built using the .46 devel version?
>
> ~m

Yep, but it is noted rather strangely in the release field:

* Wed Feb 13 2008 Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak at redhat.com> - 0.45.1
+0.46pre1-3
- Fix crash when adding text objects (#432220)

* Thu Feb 07 2008 Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak at redhat.com> - 0.45.1+0.46pre1-2
- Build with gcc-4.3

* Wed Feb 06 2008 Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak at redhat.com> - 0.45.1+0.46pre1-1
- 0.46 prerelease
- Minor cosmetic changes to satisfy the QA script
- Dependency on Boost
- Inkboard is not optional
- Merge from Denis Leroy's svn16571 snapshot:
- Require specific gtkmm24-devel versions
- enable-poppler-cairo
- No longer BuildRequire libsigc++20-devel

Martin