[Echo] fixing/completing go-* and media-* icons

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:02:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 16:16 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 14:48 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 13:58 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > > First batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 16x16 size, I'll divide it to
> > > individual icons later. The reason why they are together is that it is
> > > easier to see if they are coherent and positioned correct and so I
> > > decided to make them together first and separate them later.
> > >
> > > Comments welcome,
> > > Martin
> >
> > Next batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 22x22 size.
> >
> > Comments welcome,
> > Martin
>
> Another batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 48x48 size.
>
> Comments welcome,
> Martin

And the last batch of go-* icons is complete - 32x32 sized icons. As
usual, I attach them in a picture where they are joined together. Unless
someone objects, I'll separate them and upload the created icons to git
after some time (probably in Saturday).

So, as it is created, I'll say some words about it. First, it is simple
and uses the gnome metaphors. I made the 48x48 icons from scratch as
they violated the guidelines too much - mostly there were perspective
and lighting issues. I created all the icons with consistency in mind,
so they should all look similar and should be positioned correctly.
Compared to the original icons created by Diana Fong I also slightly
modified the shapes (as you can see in the files I sent here).

I also uploaded all the files to [1].

Thanks for your comments,
Martin