Re: multi-resolution backgrounds

Matthias Clasen wrote:
I have now pushed support for multi-resolution backgrounds into rawhide.
The file format for this has slightly changed, to support
multi-resolution in animated backgrounds as well. The way it works is
that you can use one or more <size> elements whereever the format
previously expected a filename:

Question 1: what happens if we define backgrounds for 1920x1200, 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 and the real screen size is not on that list, say 1024x768? It will be used the first from the list (in this case, one with an unfitting aspect ratio) or a resolution with the same aspect ratio (in this case 1600x1200)?

Question 2: suppose the screen size is 1024x768 and we use both multi-resolution and animation. Somehow the theme is defined badly, at "from" it have 800x600, 1024x768 and 1920x1200 but at "to" only 800x600 and 1920x1200. What will happen? The transition fail or it will go do a different resolution? And a variation: animation with multiple transitions, the first transition has both correct "from" and "to" resolutions, but the second transition does not have all the screen sizes from the first transition.