[F9 theme proposal] (Also Freedom :)) Round 1

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 1 22:59:16 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On 1/1/08, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
>> This sounds too busy for a default wallpaper. Maybe for an add-on one
>> though.
>
> Well it is a bit busy :) But it was only as an idea, if some who is
> more artistically inclined than me can use this link I posted as an
> idea for a less busy one.

I was recently sorting through some papers in my desk at home and came
across my notes from the SIGGRAPH 2005 conference in Boston. One quote I
captured in those notes that struck me most strongly (I had circled and
underlined it a few times) was to the effect of:

"Ideas are a dime a dozen, but for someone to take the initiative to
make them happen is priceless."

Interpret as you will :) And no, you don't need artistic talent yourself
to make artwork happen.

~m