Re: Nodoka 0.7 beta 1 released

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Matthias Clasen <mclasen <at> redhat.com> writes:
Making it this annoying may be the only way to get some of the web sites
fixes. I'd certainly hope that it has this effect for the RH/Fedora
servers...

"Get them fixed" as in "force them to shell out loads of money to the certificate cartels"... What security does this bring in practice? Consider that many phishing sites have valid (!) SSL certificates, whereas several legitimate sites have self-signed certificates.

And no, I don't need a theory rehash about man-in-the-middle attacks, I know that valid certificates prevent these, but in practice MITM isn't what's used for real-world attacks, phishing-gangster-at-the-other-end is, and SSL certificates have shown highly vulnerable to these (because let's face it, the certificate cartels' real motivation is to make money, they'll do as few verifications of their clients as they'll get away with).

I had to look at the to: line on your email to confirm that it really was sent to fedora-art-list.

Please, take this discussion off-list as it doesn't have much to do with Fedora's artwork.

Thanks,