Re: Hi Fedora Art list!

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 16:18 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I have little experience with matroska container can you please point
> out the most obvious advantages it has over ogg container.
>
> Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_container_formats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OGM
http://www.matroska.org/

Obviously, it has wider support of the content inside (you can have
there audio/video/subtitles in almost any codec/format you have in
mind), it's also good for streaming, supports dvd-like menus. And,
though not that important, quoting from their homepage: "Matroska aims
to become THE standard of multimedia container formats."