Re: Transparency :)

On Jan 28, 2008 12:26 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
> I wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectfully to gnome or gnome
> developers. I was just wondering about gnome.

Here's the problem with wondering aloud about gnome development on a
list this is not about gnome development.  You only encourage the
wrong sort of answers... uninformed answers.

You need to take responsibility for the questions you ask and where
you ask them.

In the future, questions regarding suitability of patches need to be
asked in the context of the upstream project. Not in a mailing list
for artists.  And please refrain from feeding the trolls.  It's very
easy to get stuck in a conversation with someone who has no real
constructive information which aids your purpose, if you are talking
about something in the wrong list. Its one thing to point something
out because it looks cool and you want other people to know about. Its
quite another to have a back and forth discussion about technical
suitability that are out of scope. Any information obtained in such a
draw out discussion is suspect, wasting your time and enthusiasm.

-jef