Re: [Echo] New guide - Adding new icons

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 10:43 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> The problem with Istanbul is that is use a very low quality for Theora
> compression and it has no way to change that.
> You can use gtk-RecordMyDesktop instead (I believe it does not work with
> sound, so you will have to record the sound separately, Istanbul used to
> have the same bug) and leave the quality at 100%. The result will be a
> much better looking video and less CPU consumption while recording.

Thanks! That seems to be precisely what I was looking for - good-enough
output, good CPU usage and it seems to work without any major bugs. I
didn't checked if the sound is working, after all, I am not confident
enough to read the commentary (i.e. I am not much confident with my
spoken English) :-D Only the area selection could be handled better, I
like the way it is done in xvidcap :-)