RE: michael.e.mccumber@gmail.com

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-art-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:fedora-art-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Martin Sourada
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 4:51 PM
To: Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including icons, themes, and wallpapers.
Subject: Re: michael e mccumber gmail com

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:40 -0400, Michael McCumber wrote:
> To introduce myself I am a very young programmer but I have had
> experience among designing in Flash Illustrator photoshop ect…   I
> just want to help and contribute toward the Fedora community and
> designing artwork such as desktops icons images ect would be my
> strength.
Hi,

welcome to the team. We usually use open tools here - mainly gimp, inkscape and blender. Since you mentioned you'd like to help with icons (among other things), which is one of my main interests in Fedora, I'd like you to provide some useful links that should help you get started with the icon theme we are designing especially for Fedora:

https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/Guidelines
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/Guidelines/OnTheTablePerspective
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/screencasts/git%20-%2001%20-%20setting-up%
20the%20repository.mkv
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/WorkingWithGit
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/AddingNewIconSet
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/ToDo

You are more than welcome to help either by commenting on these pages/screen-casts or creating new icons :-)