Poster revision

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 25 08:39:53 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> The Marketing team has been discussing how we can organize our future
> Fedora messaging around the "4 Foundations" theme (freedom, friends,
> features, first).  I think people here already know these terms from
> elsewhere[1], so I won't belabor the point. :-)

A very quick and rough idea (I'll have to think more about it before
trying some graphics): my opinion is that *now* is the time to emphasize
the *people* aspect of Fedora (the distro is not only for spaceships and
robots, it is for humans too).
So I think about using some people silhouettes (not real people images,
as we don't want legal complications) in various postures, one for each
of the 4 foundations (for a set of 4 posters).

Here are a few possible metaphors:
- Freedom: a couple of people silhouettes enjoying themselves: dancing,
jumping, something like that;
- Friends: a couple of friends shaking hands is too stereotypical, but I
am sure it is not that hard to illustrate friendship;
- Features: not very sure about that, maybe silhouettes involved in
various activities: listening to music, playing games, remote
controlling a robot;
- First: maybe a small group of sprinters with one of them two steps
ahead of the pack.

Also I am not sure if those are best all blue or, as "I/F/V", in various
colors, each color supporting the poster's theme.