Re: FUDCon Brno tshirts

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 13:37 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> Hi art team,
>
> Since you guys did such an awesome job on the FUDCon Boston shirts, I
> was wondering if you'd be willing to make a few mock-ups of what a
> FUDCon Brno shirt would look like.
>
> I like the idea of trying to have a bit of design consistency for each
> year's FUDCon shirts... so maybe we could keep the front the same
> (switching the name of course) and doing something "similar" on the
> back?
>
> I did a search on images.google.com and flickr for Brno, and there are
> several skyline pictures similar to the one used for Boston.  If any of
> them inspire you, I am happy to send some emails to the creators to ask
> for permission to use them in our design.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/melinda_brink/2541502320/  <-- really nice
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/garethsimkins/60174265/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/macwrangler/652022506/

Very nice photos!  Rather than have to mess with special permissions, I
used http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ and searched there for
Boston pictures for that FUDCon shirt redesign, sticking with the "BY"
and "BY-SA" pools.  I just searched in those pools for "Brno" and looked
around for a couple minutes.  Looks like some good stuff there.

--
Paul W. Frields