Re: FUDCon Brno tshirts

Max Spevack wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Nicu Buculei wrote:

But honestly, I personally love it as is. This one is Max's baby though... :-)

Yeah, I asked for some opinions on list before going to Max (but who I'm kidding? Max is also watching the thread).

I think it looks awesome. I echo Paul in wondering whether or not the end result will have sufficient detail... I suppose that is a question we have to ask the manufacturer of the shirts, who has yet to be identified. But in general, i think that is an incredibly cool design.

Reducing details is not hard, I attached an example (traced.png) of how it look with various parameters for the trace option.
And on top of that, it can be simplified by hand a lot.

Mo's comments were good too. So more or less, I second all the constructive comments in this thread.

Tried to use some of her comments along with a closer frame, more focus on the cathedral, less on the background buildings, not sure which works better (and I still like her Boston image better).

Was the original picture one of Jay Turner's?

Yes, if he is "rhlinuxguy" on flickr - http://flickr.com/photos/linuxguy/2098670932/
As you can see, I flipped the image horizontally for the composition.

PNG image

PNG image