Re: FUDCon Brno tshirts

Máirín Duffy wrote:

- I don't think you need to trace, but there is a bit of noise in the Inkscape automatic trace. The way I got rid of this when doing the FUDcon Boston design (my first tries had the same noise) was to boost the contrast of the image in the Gimp first; I think I fiddled with the levels a bit, then duplicated the original layer on top of itself with one of the layer blending modes (I don't remember which one; I just kept playing). If there were some fine details I knew wouldn't come out in the final trace I doctored them out manually with a dark brush! :)

Whoah! I tried those steps with the Boston photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/b-tal/193801686/) and it works very smoothly (and setting the duplicate layer mode to "divide" is a world of difference.