FUDCon Brno tshirts

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 30 14:37:11 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>> - I don't think you need to trace, but there is a bit of noise in the
>> Inkscape automatic trace. The way I got rid of this when doing the
>> FUDcon Boston design (my first tries had the same noise) was to boost
>> the contrast of the image in the Gimp first; I think I fiddled with
>> the levels a bit, then duplicated the original layer on top of itself
>> with one of the layer blending modes (I don't remember which one; I
>> just kept playing). If there were some fine details I knew wouldn't
>> come out in the final trace I doctored them out manually with a dark
>> brush! :)
>
> Whoah! I tried those steps with the Boston photo
> (http://www.flickr.com/photos/b-tal/193801686/) and it works very
> smoothly (and setting the duplicate layer mode to "divide" is a world of
> difference.

Ah that's not the photo we actually ended up with. It looks like I need
to update the T-shirts page! Because the license was non-commerical on
that photo, I went and took my own photo of Boston and used that one.
You can see the difference:

the final t-shirt:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/2591006734/in/set-72157605799609636/

the photo used for the design:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/2540006511/in/set-72157605368533939/

And yeh, the photo I took didn't come out as well as the original photo
I used for the design :(

~m