Re: [F10 Themes] add Cambridge to some of the proposals?

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 18:04 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > I was thinking more along the lines of simplified vector version (i.e.
> > not photographic background), but generally yes, this is what I had in
> > mind. You can think of the steampunk one as if you'd like to carve these
> > buildings on a gold plate or something like that. Does that sound sane
> > to you?
>
> Something like the emboss filter and a gold colorization? (attached)

Yeah, something like that. If it was intended for the final wallpaper
I'd however add some more steampunk effects, make the contrast a lot
less (the way it is now is nice, but too distractive) and perhaps use
only the building(s). Also the level of detail could be IMHO even less.