Re: [F10 Themes] add Cambridge to some of the proposals?

Ian Weller wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:21:37PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:

Something like this image (GNU FDL is OK as a license?) with my sepia
tutorial[1] applied:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:ClareCollegeAndKingsChapel.jpg

This is also CC-BY-SA. Also an OK license.

But we really want a photographic background?

IMHO, no. I've enjoyed the creativity of the art team much more than
what realism provides :D

I think Ian brings up a good point here. Anyone and their grandma using linux can take some random photo or photo based on a theme idea, and put it on their wallpaper. However, we as artists should desire to take our theming a step further by creating something from scratch, and going through the trials and errors that go along with it. I think it produces artwork to be more happy about.