Quicklaunch mockuo

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:14:37 UTC 2008

Hey,

Hosted it here:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=82467

This mockup shows my idea of a quicklaunch. With today\\\'s
quicklaunch you have several icons always in your screen while you
probably just use a few of them and and wouldn't mind them being gone
when you don't usThis mockup shows my idea of a quicklaunch. With
today's quicklaunch you have several icons always in your screen while
you probably just use a few of them and and wouldn't mind them being
gone when you don't use it.

What you see.
My idea here is that when you move your mouse to the lower left corner
of your screen that you will get this popup cloud which will show you
the available quicklaunch applications and will vanish once you move
your mouse out of the popup area.

Is this possible to make?
Deffinately yes!
In compiz fusion you can push your mouse to the upper right corner
that will give you a alternative ALT + TAB so that idea can be used
for the lower left as well. This popup dialog can probably be made in
pure GTK+ only but then won\\\'t have the black drop down shadow
(obviously).

Why in the lower left corner?
Well, somehow whenever i want to start a application from the
quicklaunch applet i tend to go to the lower left corner for whatever
reason.. so it's probably intuitive (atleast for me) to go to the
lowerleft corner if you want to start an application quickly.

So what do you think of this mockup?e it.

What you see.
My idea here is that when you move your mouse to the lower left corner
of your screen that you will get this popup cloud which will show you
the available quicklaunch applications and will vanish once you move
your mouse out of the popup area.

Is this possible to make?
Definitely yes!