Fedora 10 Theme "invinXble"

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 14:40:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:04 +0200, Samuele Storari wrote:
> Hi guys!
> After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
> The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
> U can find some layout at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble
>
> Let me know what do u think about that.
> Ciao
> Samuele

Let me add my comments as well ;-)

I think these pictures you created look awesome, but I cannot help but
feel that they are not good for being used as default background - there
are too much of detail there. While I like the first two as well as the
third one, the third one is best from usability POV.

It would be better to remove the Fedora logo, as we try to not use
Fedora branding in artwork as much as possible to allow easier
derivatives.

As for making the third picture even better - maybe "defocus" the katana
- it draws ones eyes onto it which is not good for a wallpaper. Blurring
and putting it more to the background might be the way to go.

Martin

PS: if you create a higher resolution wide-screen variant of the third
one there is a high probability that it will end up as my wallpaper even
before F-10 ;-)