[Echo] Revamped system-search icons set (take 2)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 13:02:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 01:18 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

> Fixed for all size and added subtle gradient for outlines.
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/echo/actions/

The smaller icons than 48x48 still lack crispness, which is caused by
these two things:
 * too low contrast between fills and outlines
 * not perfect alignment to pixel grid

I've (mostly) fixed these, see the attachments. One of the techniques
that allowed me to easier fit the pixel grid is using 0.75 px wide lines
(which still retains the good contrast between outline and fills, adds
subtler look than 1 px wide and is easier to fit in the grid)...

> > PS: note that due to, most likely, some bug in the svg rendering
> > library, objects with blur applied are rendered on wrong positions in
> > the SVG when displayed in nautilus, so take the PNG generated in
> > inkscape (or the SVG displayed in inkscape) for a reference for the
> > correct positions.
> >

> Interesting. Looks like other icons themes were affected...

Most of the gnome-icon-theme SVGs I've ever opened in inkscape didn't
used blur because for elliptic shadow the blur effect can be imitated by
semi-transparent radial gradient :-)

> Luya

The attached icons + the 48x48 and 256x256 d-versions (from your
fedorapeople page) I consider ready for upload to git, so if you are OK
with them as well, feel free to upload them :-)

Martin