artwork for kids

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Jun 24 12:34:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Arnav Kalra wrote:
>> I want help to create some artwork for a kids spin
>
> The thing is that we don't have a spin for kids... the closest to this
> is the proposal for an education spin (but "education" is not
> necessarily for kids, it may be for teens or so).

Yeah... true. We've a roadmap for Fedora Education here
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Roadmap), stating...

"create at least two spins [...]: one for children, maybe using the
Sugar interface (depending on how many activities we have in Fedora for
F10 - or a GNOME desktop), [...]"

I also made a request for an educational theme here
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService), but this was
mainly intended for the second spin. Since we haven't created further
plans, I don't know, how we're going on. I just wanted to mention it...

You might also be interested in our mailing list:

> My advice would be to go on the development list and see if you find
> people interested in producing such a spin and only after that figure
> if/what graphics are needed.
>
> Out of the curiosity, what graphics do you think are needed for such a
> spin? Do you imagine it using a different wallpaper/splashes? Another
> icon set than the default? Pre-installed clipart/templates/samples?

Greetings from the Edu SIG ;),
Sebastian

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education