Name status

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 27 06:33:26 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Legal rejected all the codenames for the Fedora 10 release, other than
> "Red Hat Linux," that we sent in the top ten short list on which the
> Board voted.  So we're down to the next ten, and they may make it
> difficult for Artwork to craft a theme around.  I should have word back
> on these names much more quickly than the last ones.  The new candidate
> names are:
>
>  Diablo
>  Kingfisher
>  Ultraviolet
>  Spectre
>  Xenomorph
>  Nile
>  Cambridge
>  Titanium
>  Platinum
>  Terror
>  Topaz
[...]
> Having said all that, what are the Artwork team members' feelings about
> this?

I don't think those proposed names are bad at all (I even like the
selection better than we had for F9). Let's see what remains from them
after passing legal.

Diablo, the lord of terror and his hordes of spectres and other
xenomorphic minions was defeated by the Kingfisher hero, with his magic
sword: a titanium blade radiating ultraviolet light and a platinum and
topaz hilt, in the epic battle fought from the Nile river to the plains
of Cambridge.