Fonts SIG Request

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 27 14:52:14 UTC 2008

Stojan Dimitrovski wrote:
> Hi again,

Hi,

> Here is the changed banner with the sugesstions from Nicu and based on
> the Default Banner Template. I really do think this way it's better,
> however before these emails were sent (Nicu's and Ryan's) I had no idea
> how to make a fedoraproject.org <http://fedoraproject.org> compatible
> banner. Why? Because I dugg arround the wiki and was unable to find
> anything which gave specifications on the text, or the illustration, or
> the background, etc.

Well, if you went to our team page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork and clicked on the banner, then
you got
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_ArtTeamProjects_WikiDesign_ArtTeamN1.png

Replace the .png extension with .svg and get the source
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_ArtTeamProjects_WikiDesign_ArtTeamN1.svg
  (that's because they were migrated from the old wiki to the new one)

However, that is not the best example as the banner was created before
we settled on the MgOpen Modata font (someone [me?] should update it
sometime...)

> It is licensed as CC-Attribution.

Or is it OPL? I am not sure... whatever.

> Hope you like it.

I would only move the text a bit to the right, like in your first version.