howto print posters?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 11 12:04:00 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to print these posters:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral
>
> But I the print shop doesn't support svg file format. I tried printing
> to PDF from Inkscape but get terrible results :(
> I would like to sent them the print file in vector format if possible,
> is there any other option beside exporting posters as bitmaps?

This is a question I am interested also to hear an answer. I found the
print people usually very hard to work with, refusing to hear that Corel
Draw or Adobe Illustrator can open SVG and accepting only a small
selection of file types (I canceled a print request for an unrelated
poster last week on Friday).