Re: Waves Grub Artwork

Hey Nicu,

Nicu Buculei wrote:
I tried something: non-centered burning sulfur (SVG, PNG preview and splash.xpm.gz). I am not very happy with dithering, even after I heavily edited the results but the aspect ratio problem does not look that bad to me with it.

Another try was without the flame, as it was a source of inconvenient light pixels, it needed a lot less tweaking after dithering.

I played around with your design to try to get some better results with the indexing. I ended up lightening the background and dulling the water reflections a bit, then removing all gradients from the sulphur and limiting it to 4 shades of yellow. I indexed it using the Floyd-Steinberg reduced color bleeding method and manually modified it in the gimp to smooth out the colors.

I'll take a try at the flame, but it's gonna be tough :)

~m

PNG image

PNG image

image/svg