Applying to the Art group in the Accounts System

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Mar 12 17:19:48 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Do you think it would be fair to require folks applying for art accounts
> to post a self-introduction to the list? How about complete at least one
> minor design task? (EG hackergotchi or banner design off the design queue?)

And this would help us clearing a bit the DesignService queue at the
same time, win-win :D

> We might want to go through the current accounts, contact the inactive
> account owners to see if they still intend to get involved in the group,
> and if we don't hear back from them in x time or if they indicate they
> are not interested, remove their accounts from the group.

There are some users *we know* will not come back and contribute to
Fedora...

> We've been getting a lot of account requests lately and while I do know
> a few folks who are working on things, there are a lot of names that I
> don't recognize and I haven't seen active on the list or working on
> projects that we are aware of at least. Adding someone to the art group

For a large number of people in the group I don't remember seeing *a
single* post on this list.

> is a big deal because it gives them the right to vote in Fedora
> elections I think among other things. The marketing group had proposed
> an introduction requirement to add people to the group and I was
> thinking it might be good for us to have a better policy as well.

Considering the power allowed, it make sense to require some kind of
introduction and maybe a *small* task (which may be formal: the person
has contributed in the past to an external Fedora oriented site, has
contributed to another Fedora project sounds like acceptable credentials
to me).