Re: Wiki Migration

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Nicu Buculei wrote:
Can't we use for such grouping something like categories in Wikimedia Commons? Something like http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/GNOME - i believe you include the right category markup in the page and it is dynamically included in the category gallery.

I think such category pages may solve the problem without the need fir integration with an external gallery (integration made with an "alpha" plug-in).
Galleries can be done within pages with the <gallery> tag, as seen at
[1].  It looks like category galleries are automatic with media files;
they just have to be added to galleries on the image's information page
(just hitting 'edit').

-- ian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28Linux_distribution%29#Fedora_gallery