Re: Waves Syslinux Graphics

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Jon Stanley wrote:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org> wrote:

 I'm not sure which version is better. Let me know what you think. I
 tried adding sulphur to them but it didn't really come out right.

From the peanut gallery over here, I like version 2 better.  It will
give more contrast to the top of the screen where folks are trying to
read what syslinux is presenting to them.

And I like better version 1. for consistency (all the other screens have reflection in the water, not on an additional plane) and 2. for physical reasons (we have waves on a liquid surface and a plane and is not realistic at all - the water is like a wall).

However, I agree the second look more contrasting and we had that bottom reflection plane in F8 too.

Yeh that's a really good point. I like the contrast of #2 but it does look pretty unnatural. I think #1 is a more consistent choice with the rest of the theme.

What I'm gonig to do is fade out the waves to dark in #1 as I did in #2. I think that would make #1 look a little better. Then I think maybe would should go with #1.