Re: Release counter for F9

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro> wrote:

>  A first thing would be, IMO, to define when we start counting. I see two
>  possible scenarios: either from a certain number of days in advance (30
>  days sounds plausible) or from the Release Candidate.

I'm not on the websites list, so I'll reply here :).  Maybe I'll
subscribe for the future, though.

The problem with starting this far out is that we're still not
entirely sure if we're going to slip the release date or not, based
upon the slips that we've had so far in the schedule (we've lost about
2 weeks to slips thus far).  We're trying like hell to release on 4/29
as planned, but there's a (not so) small chance that won't happen.  It
would look fairly bad to "turn back the clock" when/if we slip.