Re: [Echo] Reworked media-optical icon

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
2008/5/5 Martin Sourada <martin sourada gmail com <mailto:martin sourada gmail com>>:

    * Using text for differentiating between various media has its
    pros and
    cons:
     - it helps defining the perspective
     - it is easier to differentiate, because the texts are different as a
    whole, not only in the letters
     - on the other side, it is blurry and hard to read in smaller sizes,
    but due to the differences still good enough to recognise

Now the question is if we should use a plain typeface or the logo.
I used the logos (DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, audio disc) for the first pass at the GNOME ones before finding out they can't be used that way due to licensing. I'd stick with plain, unstylized text.

Mike