F9 Launch Banner

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 7 04:09:14 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

So it looks like we need a banner for the front page of FPO for the F9
launch. I think Ricky and tw2113 were working taking screenshots of F9
for the website. Do you guys have those screenshots publicly accessible
somewhere? I'm thinking we could use them for the banner.

Our tagline is: "Fedora 9. Make Waves."

A couple of ideas for the main banner layout to correspond with this:

1) Have three screenshots that are all shined-up and blinged-up in three
portal things with small, glowing pieces of sulphur surrounding them.
Think three bottles of cold brew in ice, except the gleaming sulphur
crystals are the ice and the screenshots are the brew. :) Pro: blingy,
easy to do quickly. Con: Tagline is about waves, and this emphasizes
sulphur.

2) Have three screenshots emerge from the water in a dark cave-like
environment (ala
http://www.simplenomics.com/wp-images/beowulf'sangelinajolie.jpg). The
edges of the screenshots are glowing and cast bright reflections in the
rippled water. Pro: fits with tagline, blingy. Con: Might take longer to
do.

If we keep the banner text-free (no translations to worry about) then we
can just have the byline run along top the graphic in plaintext.

Whatchu think? Any other ideas?

~m