Echo Icon Theme Status Report

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 11 18:58:53 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada <martin.sourada <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Because it's icon theme? Really, it's listed in the icon naming
> specification [1], it's possible low-barrier entry for new contributors
> and I can imagine also other uses apart from desktop. What is the reason
> behind removing them from kdebase?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Languages#head-2ae52dbef2515e18d66fba220112c712c9d2eb14

In particular, the flag used by a certain Asian island with Taipei as their
capital was found to be a problem.

Now I'm all for lifting the ban on flags, I think Fedora can't drop everything
which is banned in some country or we won't have anything left to ship at all,
however I want it lifted for everyone! It doesn't make sense that kdebase can't
ship flags and echo-icon-theme will ship the exact same flags! That said, I
suspect this list isn't the right place to get it seen by the right people.

        Kevin Kofler