Re: Mist and gnome-icon-theme plans for GNOME 2.24/Fedora 10

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 14:31 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> What are the outstanding issues with Mist/gnome-icon-theme that makes it
> a target for replacement?
> The application coverage is pretty good (full coverage in key
> applications such as Firefox, Rhythmbox, Pidgin, Gimp, OpenOffice etc.)
> and looks good together with the rest of the Fedora desktop elements.
> The development is largely done upstream in GNOME (bugzilla and IRC
> mostly), so therefore the development might seem a bit silent to the
> Fedora community. Let me know if there is any way I can improve that.
> - Andreas

None, there just seems to be people like me or Luya who thinks having
our own icon set would be good to have in Fedora and are willing to work
on it. And due to the "work with upstream" nature of Fedora it could
also help to pave way for other icon theme developers (we won't patch
applications to hardcode Echo icons instead of their own, rather work
with the devs to fix their applications so they would use icons from
selected icon theme, if available). I believe in this area it is desired
to join forces with Mist/gnome-icon-theme/Tango/Oxygen developers :)