Fedora 10 countdown banner

Paolo Leoni hydra84 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:30:45 UTC 2008

DarkPark has wrote:

>> The mailing list where the message you are replying was posted to is a
>> good place. We work in the open. And your bug report should in the end
>> get
>> to the banner's author, Paolo, who *is* subscribed to the list.
> I see

Due to heavy connection problems, for some day I haven't been able to
read Fedora mailing list, sorry for the wait of this answer.

>>> I just would like to notice that the number 20 in this
>>> fedora10-countdown-banner.svg banner isn't aligned with "arriving in ...
>>> days".

I've newly checked the source of countdown banner and the number seems
to be aligned...please note that for a correct visualization of the
banner SVG file, you must use Inkscape.

>>> There is also not enough space for "coming soon" text.
>>
>> The problem is because in other languages this string is wider?
> can't say for sure :/

The difficult of "image translation" is to adapt the single words to the
banner context. If you need it, I think you can adapt the banner text
size to your language requirements.

Paolo Leoni ~ http://pleoni.altervista.org
GPG fingerprint:  DAD1 6419 D42B 0B1C D9E1 A9CB 4587 4812 17F7 F764