[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Fedora Malaysia, DVD label and sleeves



hey i'll be designing FC10 DVD label and sleeves for malaysia promo,
and i'll design the fedora malaysia website too... have any guide for
me?


On 11/21/08, fedora-art-list-request redhat com
<fedora-art-list-request redhat com> wrote:
> Send Fedora-art-list mailing list submissions to
> 	fedora-art-list redhat com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	fedora-art-list-request redhat com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	fedora-art-list-owner redhat com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Fedora-art-list digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: CD faces (Jayme Ayres)
>    2. Re: CD faces (M?ir??n Duffy)
>    3. Re: CD faces (M?ir??n Duffy)
>    4. Re: CD faces (Jayme Ayres)
>    5. Re: CD faces (M?ir??n Duffy)
>    6. F10 Alternate Media Label. (susmit shannigrahi)
>    7. Re: F10 Alternate Media Label. (Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams)
>    8. [Echo Perspective] New folder design concept (Martin Sourada)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:39:34 -0200
> From: "Jayme Ayres" <jayme jaymeayres com>
> Subject: Re: CD faces
> To: "Fedora Art List" <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID:
> 	<64b33fc70811201039u388c584amf313bfc396894d2c mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> 2008/11/20 Máirí­n Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>:
>> Hi Jayme,
>>
>> Jayme Ayres wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> I have had some ideas for the DVD label and have done two designs.
>>>
>>> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme1.png
>>> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme2.png
>>
>> These are very nice! I really like how the flares have been integrated in
>> to
>> the design. One glaring issue though is that you can't put a keyline
>> around
>> the Fedora logo like that. You have to find another way to make it stand
>> out
>> against the background or even remove it (since there is already a fedora
>> logo in the center right maybe the 10 could be added there and the top of
>> the disc left blank?)
>>
>> Some other points of critique I hope you'll find helpful:
>>
>> - The font around the edge of the disc doesn't look like MgOpen Modata.
>
> Now is ok.
>
>> - You might want to tweak the smaller Fedora logo in the center right
>> closer
>> towards the flames (or maybe pull the flame in a bit more) so the entirety
>> of the Fedora infinity logomark is on top of the light blue and is
>> discernable from the background.
>
> Ok I changed it.
>
>> - I wouldn't use the . in "10." I would take it out for the label.
>
> No more dot =)
>
> Updated:
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme1.png
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme2.png
>
> Sources:
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme.svg
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme2.svg
>
>>
>> Also, just as a note, as I had mentioned yesterday on the list, I already
>> had the basic designs for the disc labels done - we had decided back
>> during
>> F9 to go with a standard label design to simplify printing moving forward.
>> However, that design is meant for the professionally-done screen printed
>> version of the discs. This design, with the fixes above, would be a fine
>> alternative for folks looking to print smaller runs on their own
>> equipment.
>>
>> ~m
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Fedora-art-list mailing list
>> Fedora-art-list redhat com
>> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Jayme Ayres
> www.jaymeayres.com
> www.projetofedora.org
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JaymeAyres
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:48:24 -0500
> From: M?ir??n Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>
> Subject: Re: CD faces
> To: Fedora Art List <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <4925B0F8 5010900 fedoraproject org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Jayme Ayres wrote:
>> Updated:
>> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme1.png
>> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme2.png
>
> Okay one other thing I'm noticing is for the arch, we're standardizing
> on 'for Intel-Compatible PCs' rather than x86. Can you update that?
>
> ~m
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:22:50 -0500
> From: M?ir??n Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>
> Subject: Re: CD faces
> To: Fedora Art List <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <4925B90A 6080300 fedoraproject org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> Well we say "Intel-compatible PCs" on the Get Fedora page.
>>> Would it be okay to go with that?
>>
>> Sounds great to me.
>>
>>> I can do the final fixes/cleanup work to Jarod's excellent
>>> work to switch the text.
>>
>> Cool, thanks!  Once you feel good about the results, just shout and
>> I'll let the Ambassadors know.
>
> Should be all set now:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F10
>
> ~m
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:41:32 -0200
> From: "Jayme Ayres" <jayme jaymeayres com>
> Subject: Re: CD faces
> To: "Fedora Art List" <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID:
> 	<64b33fc70811201141w7a99a768h80ecd0b2660fc794 mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Ok Updated
> Why Intel? and AMD processors? is the processor in my laptop!! :' -( ...
> It´s a joke =)
>
> 2008/11/20 Máirí­n Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>:
>> Jayme Ayres wrote:
>>>
>>
>> Okay one other thing I'm noticing is for the arch, we're standardizing on
>> 'for Intel-Compatible PCs' rather than x86. Can you update that?
>
> Changed, in portuguese.
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme1.png
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme2.png
>
> Sources:
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme1.svg
> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/f10/fedora10-CD-DVD-jayme2.svg
>
>
> Why Intel? and AMD processors? is the processor in my laptop!! :' -( ...
> It´s a joke =)
>
>>
>> ~m
>
> Thanks for the comments. I really don 't remember that the art CD /
> DVD would be one from the F9. In my personal opinion I prefer a dark
> blue balloon "voice".
>
>
> --
> Jayme Ayres
> www.jaymeayres.com
> www.projetofedora.org
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JaymeAyres
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:53:17 -0500
> From: M?ir??n Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>
> Subject: Re: CD faces
> To: Fedora Art List <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <4925C02D 5010301 fedoraproject org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Jayme Ayres wrote:
>> Ok Updated
>> Why Intel? and AMD processors? is the processor in my laptop!! :' -( ...
>> It´s a joke =)
>>
>
> Wow! This looks great! It looks like you added another layer of flares?
> Nice!
>
> :)
>
> Can you add it to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F10#Official_Artwork ?
>
> :-D
>
> ~m
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:49:54 +0530
> From: "susmit shannigrahi" <thinklinux ssh gmail com>
> Subject: F10 Alternate Media Label.
> To: fedora-art-list redhat com
> Message-ID:
> 	<ffadd1240811201819w157d75f7r730e5a29dc59aaee mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> This is my first mail to this list.
> So /me waves a Hi. :)
>
> Thanks to nice help from #fedora-art, I just made these
> http://susmit.fedorapeople.org/art/final/
>
> I shall upload the source if required.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Susmit.
>
> =============================================
> ssh
> 0x86DD170A
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:susmit
> =============================================
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:29:07 -0500
> From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet gmail com>
> Subject: Re: F10 Alternate Media Label.
> To: Fedora Art List <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <1227238148 736 166 camel ignacio lan>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 07:49 +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
>> Thanks to nice help from #fedora-art, I just made these
>> http://susmit.fedorapeople.org/art/final/
>>
>> I shall upload the source if required.
>
> Please do.
>
> --
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet gmail com>
>
> PLEASE don't CC me; I'm already subscribed
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: not available
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 197 bytes
> Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
> Url :
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/attachments/20081120/ef3070f1/attachment.bin
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:02:13 +0100
> From: Martin Sourada <martin sourada gmail com>
> Subject: [Echo Perspective] New folder design concept
> To: Discussions about the artwork "included with Fedora, including
> 	icons,	themes, and wallpapers." <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <1227261733 6826 8 camel pc-notebook>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Skipped content of type multipart/mixed-------------- next part
> --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: not available
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 197 bytes
> Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
> Url :
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/attachments/20081121/3ed804ec/attachment.bin
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-art-list mailing list
> Fedora-art-list redhat com
> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
>
>
> End of Fedora-art-list Digest, Vol 32, Issue 25
> ***********************************************
>


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]