Fedora 10 release banner - text to path conversion

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Nov 25 10:05:44 UTC 2008

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> Paolo Leoni wrote:
>> I think that the font that you're looking for is MgOpenModata, it's
>> in
>> the standard repository, type:
>>
>> yum -y install mgopen-fonts
>
> Thanks,
> I've already "dig" it from SVG source, investigation work :) Inkscape should
> complain about missing font!

Offtopic: no isn't Inkscape's work to complain, your word processor
don't complain for a missing font, your PDF viewer don't complain, your
web browser don't complain and so on. The applications try to find a
matching font available.

> So second try:
> http://rezza.hofyland.cz/fedora/artwork/banners/fedora10-0day-banner-kde.png

Yes, that should de it.

I hope I will not annoy you with an idea I got right now: the leftmost
screenshot, the basic KDE desktop, could be recognized by two elements:
the dark bottom panel and the upper-right widget (I don't know its
name), but that widget is not very visible. Probably it may be possible
to play on the Y and Z axis to make it more obvious.