Re: Another Solar Update & remaining F10 release tasks (volunteers needed!)

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
Nicu Buculei escribió:

And I think it will work only on select AMD graphic cards.

I think it is actually AMD and Intel graphics cards which support this (AFAIK mode setting was recently added to the ati driver, and it has been present for a longer time (since F9) on the Intel driver. Support is driver dependent rather than "hardware" dependent, but yeah, only a couple drivers currently support it.

From the Beta release notes:
"Currently, only Radeon R500 and higher users will get kernel modesetting by default. There is work in progress to provide modesetting for R100 and R200. Additionally, Intel kernel modesetting drivers are in development, but not turned on by default. "