fedora forum banner

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 1 13:27:50 UTC 2008

Hi Luya,

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Fedora forum just got upgraded recently. I took some opportunity to
> redesign the banner by replacing the fedora hat with the logo. "forum"
> word is using MgOpen Modata typeface and the background will remain the
> same. I would like to verify if the banner is legal and can be used on
> Fedora forum. You will see the current banner and the concept.

If the logomark and logotype are used as two separate design elements,
they are going to need more clear spacing between them. See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Logo_Clear_Space

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Never_Rearrange_Elements_of_the_Logo

What I would strongly recommend is to plan the design around the
standard logo form with the logotype on the left and the logomark to the
upper right of the logotype.

~m