[Echo] network-(dis)connect icon set

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:05:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 12:21 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Much better. Only comment is the top of socket is sightly blurry on both 16x16 and
> 22x22. Could you also darken the wire on 16x16?

Should be fixed now. Further simplification was needed to avoid the blurriness.

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 10:26 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Overall I like it, but I have a few observations:
> - at 22x22 and 16x16 I feel the icons are not distinctive enough.
> Sometime disconnection is perceived as an error, so maybe have something
> red in there?
The problem is that it's only "sometime". In some cases it's used just
to note that something is not running, or that you are in off-line
mode... Therefore I don't want to add anything that would suggest being
it an error.

> - *only* if you have time, as we don't really use that, maybe a slight
> 3D look for the wall socket in 256x256?
Yeah, I thought about that as well at first, but I decided I'll leave
that for later improvements, as we really don't needed currently...

> - at the first look it was hard for me to understand the shadow, it was
>   odd. Then I understood that only the cable has shadow, not also the
> wall socket.

The wall socket is on a wall (which is not visible), therefore it does
not drop any shadow. That's how I came up with the current shadow. I can
change it if you have any suggestions ;-)

I attach PNGs, SVGs are at my fedora people page [1].

Martin