About the colors and texts in sleeves

On Oct 8, 2008, at 2:36 AM, fedora-art-list-request redhat com wrote:

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 13:54 -0400, Jarod Wen wrote:
The planets are updated to the one in the following file. Another
version with less colors will come soon.

The link is unchanged: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jarodwen/Fedora/10/sleeve_arts/sleeve_arts.html

Other people have already pointed out that removing the nebula will
probably help reduce the number of colors.

You mean the red nebula, right? I will remove it soon. How about the light around the planet? Maybe I can try to change the red nebula into a light one, just like the one around the planet.

The "x86_32" should simply be "x86".

Some of guys said "x686". I think it must come from the kernel version. Maybe I can just use "32-bit CD" and "64-bit DVD" or something like this?

We still need some additional text that describes for the recipient how
to use the media in hand.  I think I suggested some text for this

I am still struggling on this, since some of them said that too many words in the sleeve is not a good design. DVD is ok somehow, since the space is enough. However, I think the one needs more words is the live- cd. I am now planning to add a small label like "Insert&Enjoy" for live-cd and "Install&Enjoy" for DVD. How do you think about it, guys? You can find my drafts of two labels here(The characters are white- color, so you may see nothing in your browser. Download to your desktop and open it :-):

A rough effect after adding it is:

Thanks for all your comments!

Jarod Wen
jarodwen gmail com