The third draft for F10 Solar CD/DVD sleeves

Jarod Wen jarodwen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:07:45 UTC 2008

> May be a little nitpicky, but what's wrong with calling a machine made
> by Apple (regardless of whether it has a ppc, pcc64, or Intel chip) a
> PC? By every definition (other than Apple's marketing), it is a
> "personal computer" thereby qualifying it as a "PC".

Personally, I wish I could see on the sleeve that my mac can use it.
Of course, I admitted that when I was a newbie in Linux, I was rather
confused by the name of i386/586/686... Maybe a simple mark, saying 32-
bit or 64-bit, will be better? Or we just mention the 64-bit CD/DVD
separately but none on CD?

> I really like these, however, I'd also like to drive any potential
> contributors to join.fedoraproject.org on the back of the sleeve. I
> think that we did that with F9 to great effect. Comments, criticisms
> or flames? :)

I noticed that in the final printable sleeves for Fedora 9
"fedoraproject.org" has been changed to "join.fedoraproject.org".
Maybe it is a good idea to follow this way, isn't it?

------
Jarod Wen
jarodwen at gmail.com