Re: Fedora Remix mark

2008/10/16 Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>
Hi Jayme!

Jayme Ayres wrote:
> I like the proposal of Mo and Nicu, but I think the corners are very
> rounded, my preference in this design is further soften the corners with the
> closing tipography Fedora.

I still really like the very rounded corners Nicu did. They
match the curves of the d, o, and a in Fedora.
I understand that the rounded corner is compatible with the typography of Fedora, but thinking about the composition of the image, rounded corners less fit better in tune.

The letters
'r' and 'x' may need a bit more breathing room where they
hit the edge of the rounded box but somehow it seems to
match the fedora feel more than the more boxy corners to me.

I agree that the letters "r" and "x" are not well distributed and I think that '! " demonstrates very well the idea of "Remix" is a concept..

> As the color palette: I thought the colors chosen have a very pastel shade
> (the weather reminds me of the northern hemisphere, despite never having
> gone over there ... lol), and as I am Brazilian and I enjoy contrasting
> colors and a little warmer. I have published a new palette with my proposal
> and I hope you like it.

I really like your palette. It takes the colors that Nicu
picked from Agave but makes them a bit brighter.

Updated. Forgive me, I put an "F" at the file name, so that the link was broken.

Can you upload the SVG of your palette? It looks like the
file is missing
(https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Ffedora_remix_jayme-colors.svg)
I would like to see the rounded logo done up with all these
colors to make sure they don't make the 'remix' text too
hard to read. If they don't that's what I recommend we go
with. Does that sound reasonable?