four f's poster designs

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 05:44:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:31:21AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I was thinking these would be printed at maybe 20"x30" or maybe larger
> proportions. These are just rough cuts so they do need some padding to
> fit that ratio, right now they scale to 20"x~24". At 20"x24", the two
> rows of text together are (if I'm measuring right) about 1.5" tall so
> I'm thinking not readable from 6 feet away.
>
> Do you think they'd work if we just took the text out?
>
> Maybe it could be resized and the little sound bites shortened even
> more, into 2-3 word phrases?

Well, if those are that small, then is the text in the bubbles (i.e.,
'FEATURES') large enough? Should they be reprinted at about the same
transparency as the reprinted symbol for the foundation? Or something?

Back on the blurbs, they can definitely be shortened. What I think they
should be (mostly adapted from mo's blurbs):

freedom: "freedom trumps conveinence" # bit iffy on the word 'trumps',
                                        but it's all I could think of
friends: "friends around the world"
features: "fedora can do it"
first: "followed, not following"

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36