Bug 468277 - Solar: progress bar seems out of place

Charlie Brej fedora-art at brej.org
Fri Oct 24 14:55:00 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey Charlie,
>
> Charlie Brej wrote:
>> Actually the planets are no longer there because they dont give a clear
>> indication of the progress. I removed them since taking the screenshots.
>> I'm just playing with using the planet image but its not that good:
>> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/progress_bar3.jpg
>
> Can you use the white version of the Fedora logotype instead
> of the blue? We don't normally allow a glow behind the logo.
> I'll send you a copy of the white logo privately. If there
> isn't enough contrast for the logomark/infinity symbol in
> the upper left corner mraybe try the lower left corner?

That actually is a packaging issue, the logo used is picked from
/usr/pixmaps/fedora-logo-small.png.

Here is how it would look (ignore the progress bar).
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/progress_bar4.jpg

If you want it like that then inform the packager to add the image into
the rpm as we can't have it in the upstream.

> What kind of specifications do you have for the artwork for
> the progress bar? Can you use just a flat image for the
> background? I could take a shot at putting something together?

The progress bar is composed of two png images (the box and the bar)
which have the center pixel column stretched. the nodoka example is
attached.