Re: Proposal: Wallpaper extras submission/packaging procedure

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:55:19PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> There has to be some kind of review process both for the wiki and or
> contest.

I agree, I thought of this a few seconds after I sent the email (and
then became drastically distracted) -- but I don't think a contest is
the right way to go.

Perhaps a few guidelines can keep submissions (and RPM sizes) down. We'd
need to come up with those. Or, perhaps, some sort of voting scheme or
committee, which would decide each individual image.

Or! a quota for how many images can be in each package. And instead of
categorizing images, why not have the packages by month? For example,
wallpaper extras decided by a certain date in December and on the
mirrors in January.

</idea_overflow>

One question I have: do we want to use optipng'd PNGs or compressed JPG
files?

--
Ian Weller <ianweller gmail com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36