Re: Proposal: Wallpaper extras submission/packaging procedure

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
I personally think we should hold a wallpaper contest photo artwork etc
with a specific subject/theme in conduction with fedoramagazine each month
or so then top 3 picture ( or top in each category ) would be picked added to the wiki and package.

My tendency is to decouple packaging and contests. Have the images in a proper gallery and the users can use RSS feeds and see "best rated", "most viewed", "last uploaded" images with no effort. And they really need the packaging? They have the photos open in their browser and Firefox has an "Set As Desktop Background" command (it appears broken if Firefox/GNOME, but that is just a bug which needs a patch).

And from this large pile of images, a packager may make a manual selection with the "most usable" images (or more packagers can to their own selections and packages).

As for Fedora Magazine, it can automatically pick "the most viewed upload from the last week" or "the best rated upload from the last week" based on RSS... and we definitely must include JonRob in this talk about the magazine...

Jon, here is the thread, for reference: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-October/msg00299.html

There has to be some kind of review process both for the wiki and or contest.

I can flood the wiki with pictures which I would think were good but that necessary does not
make it that the majority of the public agrees with me..