F10 on OLPC XO illustration request

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Tue Oct 28 16:45:53 UTC 2008

Good afternoon everyone.

Good afternoon, a quick intro and then the real reason I'm here.

I'm Karlie Robinson, a Fedora Ambassador and most recently a member of
the Fedora OLPC SIG.

This is my first time requesting artwork, so please don't hesitate to
email for clarification.  After all, I think I need images to get the
idea across so words are bound to fail me.

I've added a request on the Document Illustration Services page -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DocIllustrationService#Request_list

I need an image or series of images illustrating how to insert a SD card
into the OLPC XO.

This will be used for instructions on how to load F10 onto the XO.

I will also be using these to print instruction cards at the request of
OLPC for SD cards that will be sold along side the XO at the Give One
Get One at Amazon.com.  So black and white/gray scale version would be
preferred.  Perhaps a line drawing?

We need to illustrate how to access the SD slot by turning the monitor
counter clockwise and then inserting the card into the slot. These
photos may help visualize why words aren't the best way to point out
where the SD slot is.
http://www.laptop.org/en/laptop/start/externalports.shtml and
http://www.laptop.org/en/laptop/start/externalports.shtml

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,

Karlie Robinson